Developer Center Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i want to develop addons,but there is someting wrong with me,can someone tell me?

OK,i want to write some add-ons,but i do not known what i can do first.

i should join the Labview project provider group? then get the signature?

without the signature Labview can not execute my script through right-button shortcut menu?

is there someone give me some suggestion?

waiting for your answer,THK!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(9,279 Views)

Hello,

If you are using Project Providers to create a LabVIEW Add-on, you will need to join the LabVIEW Project Providers group.  The group contains information on getting the signature for your INI file you mentioned.

After getting the signature, any project providers you have written should be able to execute without errors, assuming that they have been coded properly.  The discussion board of the Project Providers group would be a great place to ask for help if your code still errors out even after getting the signature.

If you are looking to distribute or sell your add-on via the LabVIEW Tools Network, then you should complete your add-on, test it thoroughly, then apply for certification via the Compatible with LabVIEW program.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions about the process.  Thanks!

Best regards,

Patrick Simmons

Patrick
CLA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(5,611 Views)

tkanks very much!  I was clear

But how can i join the LabVIEW Project Providers group?

I need to submit  some information or a application?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,611 Views)

The link is available in a couple places; the easiest being this blog post.  Click on the "LabVIEW Project Provider Framework Application" link on that page, and check out the other resources while you're at it.  Good luck with your project provider development!

Patrick
CLA
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(5,611 Views)

Thanks for your reply!

With your wishes,i'll be success.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,611 Views)

Hello:

I had begin my provider develop work,but there something wrong with me,can you give a favor?

I want to add a icon to a vi like below ,a green mark at topleft.

main.PNG

Now i can add it,and i aslo set a  persist porperty.But the green mark can not display when i restart the   labview and open the project.The persist porperty can not be founded.

Otherwise,this VI is in a LVClass library.If i marked a VI not in a LVClass,green mark displayed.

So,is there some necessary property i had not add to the LVClass or other reason?

It will be a great pleasure to be answered here.

Thanks!!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(5,611 Views)

Hello J Alvin,

Can you please post this question on the LabVIEW Project Providers discussion board (https://decibel.ni.com/content/groups/labview-project-providers).  This way the correct developers with Project Provider experience will see your question and be able to help.

Thanks!
David

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(5,611 Views)