From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW with arduino using water flow sensor YF-S201

Solved!
Go to solution

Hai all, i want to ask how toolkits arduino for labview to water flow sensor YF-S201?

thanks

Message 1 of 3
(8,388 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author u-man

The present versions of LIFA or LINX do not provide the capability to measure frequency or period.  This means the present versions of LIFA or LINX can not be used with sensors that produce a variable frequency output proportional to flow rate.  Your options are modify liFA or LINX to add frequency measurement capability,  Or use the serial write read capability of Labview and the Arduino code available on the Internet to capture the flow meter data. This second option does not use LIFA or LINX.   A third option is use a frequency to voltage converter to convert the variable frequency output of the flow meter to a voltage and the analog read capability of LIFA or LINX.

Here is an example of a frequency to voltage converter.

<http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/lm2907-n.pdf>

hrh212

Message 2 of 3
(5,165 Views)

thanks for explained about sensor with frequensi or period to labview-arduino, and i want to try all method before i choice one of all method.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,165 Views)