From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

CSLUG - Central South LabVIEW User Group (UK)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd December 2014 12:00-14:00

Q & A:

1. Broadcasting CSLUG - comments
  2. Complexity analysis
  3. Debugging depth / immediacy

I think we have a packed agenda, don't expect to leave on time

https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/117456715228041083791/117456715228041083791/about/p/pub

Steve

Opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Fab,Joerg and Brian amongst them):
DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 34
(11,803 Views)

Steve,

I'm really interested in both of these subjects and have been trying to get to one of the CSLUG meetings for a while. When push comes to shove though I always find it hard to justify the 6 hour round trip for a 2hour meeting. Have you guys ever considered recording some of the content or setting up for remote viewers?

Ian

Billican
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 34
(6,645 Views)

That's a really good thought Ian, it might save Jarobit some money too.

I'll look into it

Steve

Opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Fab,Joerg and Brian amongst them):

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 34
(6,645 Views)

It looks as if Google Hangouts On Air might do all that we need?

A half decent camera and microphone might help.

It might be worth testing on the NI wifi too.

Thoughts? I can stick the links on the meeting page.

Steve

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 34
(6,645 Views)

The idea of the remote assistance would really help me. You can always talk with fab and ask her how do they do it there with the LAF meetings.

On the other hand I would to talk about my model-view-controller concept and ask for ideas to improve the architecture, if people are happy with that

Thank you

Message 5 of 34
(6,645 Views)

I think if we broadcast out, without too much response back. We can then just set up a camera and maybe a boundary microphone. Google hangouts will let us save it on youtube too.

You could present via skype and share your screen. Perhaps we could run some tests.

MVC is a nice thing to look at, so yes please.

Steve

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

Message 6 of 34
(6,645 Views)

I think this will be perfect Steve, excellent work.

I would imagine there is some value even for the people that attend. I find that new concepts always sink in better if I can get a second view in some way.

It will undoubtedly generate more forum discussion too.

Billican
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 34
(6,645 Views)

Thinking about the possible negatives here's my thoughts..

I think the only thing we need to consider is company confidentiality and shyness, I very much want the user group to be a relaxed environment where people can find their presenting mojo.

My suggestion is that when people submit presentations, discussions etc they indicate whether they are comfortable with them being broadcast and if not we can push them to the end and have a period with no cameras.

I'm also keen to manage peoples expectations, we're not in the business of webinars and it's just us broadcasting the meeting (with no guarantees).

Anyone else have any problems?

I think Skyping in content would also work nicely, maybe we give that a try too (even if it's just a tester)

My skype name is swattsssdc

Steve

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 34
(6,645 Views)

The LAF is a meeting where they do have a large number of people connecting remotely. They provide online feeds and this is sponsored by Six Clear and hosted at NI corporate HQ in Austin.

I have a GoToMeeting Business acocunt that I would be willing to share to provide people with remote access. They would recieve the link in an email therefore would need to register firsthand, maybe this would be a good way of gauging interest in this too if people have to do something in order to attend online ?

Like Steve said, the User group is about the forum, the environment and the intimacy, so people feel comfortable however if there are people who otherwise could not attend then I think we should be able to do something.

Don't forget to give Kudo's for a good answer !

LabVIEW Champion
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified TestStand Architect
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 34
(6,645 Views)

I'll look into getting a decent webcam and a boundary microphone if the consensus is positive

Steve

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 34
(6,645 Views)