LabVIEW Architects Forum

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Topics for LabVIEW Architects Forum meetings in 2015

Several people have approached me with ideas for presentations for 2015. There have also been a few who have said they would love to present but they don't know on what.

So let's help those presenters-to-be find a topic they can present on. Let's find topics we all can get excited about. Also, if you would like to present in something in particular, please post about it here. Or if you want to present and you don't know what to present on, feel free to list your areas of expertise and we will help you find a topic for your presentation.

Everyone, please vote with "likes", I will be coming back to this post to look at the topics/presentations with most likes when I am looking for presenters for each meeting.

The last couple of meetings have had a remote presenter and a presenter in the room and that has worked well. So don't let your location be a limiting factor to volunteer to present. All you need is a decent broadband connection (if you have been able to join remotely with join.me, you should be fine) and a microphone.

Thanks in advance for your help on making this the best Advanced Users Group Meeting out there (not my words, we did get an award for this - NI Week 2013 ).

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
Message 1 of 16
(13,584 Views)

It's awesome that you have several people come forth for presentations. We're pretty dry over at the Amercas CLA summit. Maybe some of you folks want to present there? Come forth please, don't be shy. here's the link: https://decibel.ni.com/content/thread/25036?start=0&tstart=0

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(9,594 Views)

Hi all,

As I told Fab, last year I developed a Framework to launch our company test applications from a "cloud", it was mainly based on PPLs, this framework needed to generate events, and pass and receive classes to and from the PPLs. I needed to do a quite a bit of research on how to create APIs between PPLs and the source code that is calling them.

I could give a presentation on how to create the API between the PPLs and the calling code or even talk about what was the idea of the framework and then explain how to generate the API.

Jarobit.

Message 3 of 16
(9,594 Views)

Hi all,

Over the course of several years I have helped solve problems and responded to a number of forum posts related to curve-fitting. The solutions to several of these problems may be of broader interest.  For example, how do you fit data to several parallel lines?  Fit data to piecewise defined functions? How can you deal with ill-conditioned data?  Is it possible to use the nonlinear curvefitting code to train neural networks? Is there any way to make the fitting faster?  Deal with outliers? Why do the fitting results not agree with Excel or some other software?

I thought a presentation covering some of these issues might be interesting. If anyone has a particular problem or topic related to curve-fitting or numerical optimization you would like me to cover please let me know.

-Jim

Message 4 of 16
(9,594 Views)

Michael Aivaliotis wrote:

It's awesome that you have several people come forth for presentations. We're pretty dry over at the Amercas CLA summit. Maybe some of you folks want to present there? Come forth please, don't be shy. here's the link: https://decibel.ni.com/content/thread/25036?start=0&tstart=0

Michael,

I will make sure to encourage those of our members who are already Architects to propose their presentation for the CLA Summit as well. It would not be the first time that LAF is used as a practice run for the CLA Summit

However, we do have members who are not Architects and they are invited to present in one of our meetings... I will encourage them to get their CLA

Thanks,

Fab

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(9,594 Views)

Non architects in an architecs forum? Shame!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(9,594 Views)

Michael Aivaliotis wrote:

Non architects in an architecs forum? Shame!

hey, the whole idea of the LAF is to invite people who are willing to swim in the deep end of the pool... that includes those who want to learn more and are aspiring to get their CLA

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(9,594 Views)

Stepping stone to the next level then.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(9,594 Views)

Hi.

I recently heard that DSPGuy was involved in the development of the Machine Learning Toolkit for LabVIEW:

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-19328

With all the talk nowadays in regard to Deep Learning, Analytics, Big Data, etc., I would also be interested in him sharing about this toolkit in a future presentation.

Is there anybody else interested in this topic?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(9,594 Views)

bumping this to keep the ideas flowing....

If you don't want to present, you can post what you would like to learn more about and perhpas that inspires someone else to come forward and present on that topic

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(9,594 Views)