Sound and Vibration

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversion of excel file to TDMS

Hello,

I am an amateur in using labview, so pardon me if this is a silly question.

I am trying to modidy a TDMS file and it being a binary file can not do anything in its original form.

I converted the files to excel file and did modifications. But need to convert it back to TDMS file format.

There are a lot of discussion and VI available in how to convert TDMS to Excel, but could not find anything related to conversion of Excel to TDMS.

Please help.

Regards

Saumya Kar.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(13,428 Views)

Hi Saumyakar,

Hopefully you have gotten this resolved by now.

If you do need some further information.

There is a read from spreadsheet function that will let you bring the data back into LabVIEW.

Depending on the bype of data you would probably want to do a little formatting, but assuming it is just a 2d array you could pretty much just wire it directly into TDMS write.

If you want to supply a bit of into about the data type and also if you are trying to do this with LabVIEW or without would be important to know.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(11,285 Views)

Hi ,

Is there any software to convert XML/HTML to TDMS?

Please let me know.

Thee

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(11,285 Views)

Hi, How did you get excel to export as TDMS ??

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(9,965 Views)

Hello, 

I know I am responding to a very old thread, but I still do not have a solution to the issue. attached excel file that I am trying to convert to TDMS format. Any help will be much appreciated. 

Saumya

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(7,323 Views)

So you are trying to take a TDMS, export to XLSX, then edit, then convert back to TDMS?  You can use the Report Generation Toolkit to read Excel files, then use the TDMS Writing functions on the palette to create it from the read data.

But that being said why are you doing this?  You can now delete parts of the TDMS file using the function on the palette.  So you can read the TDMS data, delete parts of it, and re-write it effectively editing it.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(7,318 Views)