From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview dying

My installed version of Labview suddenly decided not to work last Friday.  I get a dialog box stating 'License unavailable' and it invites me to register my installation.  I have done so, both on-line and using the 20-diogit key, to no avail.  I have reinstalled the current version numerous times, to no avail.  I was promosed an answer by today from NI.  They have referred me to you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18
(16,934 Views)

Hi Jon,

Are you using the FIRST Robotics version of LabVIEW?  Are you following the steps in this article? Could you give me a screenshot of the actual dialog you are getting?

Thanks

Justin Parker
National Instruments
Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 18
(3,691 Views)

I finally deleted Labview and re-installed it from the DVD.  When I then started LabView, I got a choice of a 30-day trial, even though I had used License Manager to successfully register.  LM indicates I will expire 1/15/10.  So in 30 days, we shall see!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18
(3,691 Views)

So what version of LabVIEW do you have?

Justin Parker
National Instruments
Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 18
(3,691 Views)

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18
(3,691 Views)

Can you post a screenshot of the license manager (similar to the one in the article that Justin posted).

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18
(3,691 Views)

Here it is!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18
(3,691 Views)

When does your FRC license say it will expire?

Justin Parker
National Instruments
Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 18
(3,691 Views)

In License Manager, Jan 15, 2010

When I start LV, I'm in a 30-day countdown evaluation period

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18
(3,691 Views)

I'm pretty sure that your LabVIEW Professional Development System is on the 30 day trial.  I think that your LabVIEW FRC should keep working until 2010.  Do you have a license for regular LabVIEW?  Or did you just download the trail version?

Justin Parker
National Instruments
Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18
(3,691 Views)