From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI Linux Real-Time Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRIO 9068 keeps rebooting

Hello,

My cRIO 9068 PMU (2013  release) seems to work fine in safemode and in run mode when I don't enable 'sshd'. The momement i enable sshd and login to the cRIO, it keeps  rebooting every few seconds. I once removed the lock on libc6 using "opkg flag ok libc6" and i read on the NI forum that this could cause a problem. I have, since then, updated the firmware and redeployed the image to the PMU and the problem still persists.

Would you please help me with what is causing the continuous reboot and what is the way to get around this problem?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,149 Views)

Hello Ttesfay,

I think the best would be to reimage the controller by formatting the runtime version of the OS so we start from a known good state. Enabling SSH has been very reliable from 2013 and we have not seen this issue specifically. SSH alone should not cause the unit to power cycle. You may need to put the controller into safemode before you can format the controller.

If you can narrow down any packages you installed or what software you downloaded to the controller that will be very benefitial to understanding how you got into this state.

How to Format a Real-Time Target

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/6B1343F61905203386257051006573CA

Kyle Hartley
Senior Embedded Software Engineer

Message 2 of 3
(2,998 Views)

ttesfay,

Since I know you've been working to get LDAP working on the target (and formatting would undo that work), what would be beneficial would be to enable the serial console on the controller and get a listing of the serial console output to help determine why it is rebooting. I have a hunch that I want to prove/disprove but I think it's interesting that it is tied to enabling sshd.

Message 3 of 3
(2,998 Views)