NI Labs Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using NI - Student v 11.2 Breadboard fails to operate

New user, so please be kind.

I set up a simple timer circuit (LM555CN) to control two LEDs.  The schematic, Simulation, functions correctley and both LEDs blink.  The actual circuit actualy works on a PCB.

The only fly in the ointment is that when I set up the breadboard, I cannot get it to simulate the lighting of the LEDs.  The class I am runing is for 4th. graders (9 yr. olds) and to make matters worse it is a "Honey Do" that my wife said I would not mind doing.

So, can anyone, please tell me how to get a working simulation on the breadbard.  This week's class is a 14:30 this afternoon (9 Dec. 14).

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,303 Views)

Hi there,

I'm assuming you are using Multisim 11 to simulate the timer circuit. You mentioned the simulation is working as expected however, when you open the 3D breadboard (Tools>>View Breadboard) the simulation does not work. Is this correct?

The 3D breadboard allows students to practice breadboarding before going to the lab, however, simulation is not supported. You can only place the parts, create wires, check connnectivity, etc.

I hope this information helps, let me know if you have further questions.

Fernando

Fernando D.
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,585 Views)