LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIR Sensor

Hi,

I am trying to design a motion detection circuit using Labview + Arduino which employs a PIR sensor. I have tried connecting the PIR to one of the digital pins and then using digital read to detect any signal but I have been unsuccessful. Moreover, even tried connecting PIR and running the example provided by the tool kit itself but not actual result were observed.

Can someone please guide me through.

Thanks a lot

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,598 Views)

You didn't mention which PIR sensor you are using. See here and read the comments on the proper way to hook up the sensor. What example did you try?

You should probably be migrating to Linx.

Now Using LabVIEW 2019SP1 and TestStand 2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,288 Views)

I am using the one available from this website http://www.active-robots.com/pir-sensor.

I think I'm connecting it the right way because I have suuccesfully made it to work just using the arduino on its own but I actually need it to work with labview interfaced with arduino.

The IR sensor example which can be found in LABVIEW exapmle finder.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,288 Views)

What pin do you have the sensor's output connected to on your Arduino?  Did you make sure that you set that value for the pin in the example before running it?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,288 Views)

Output pin of the sensor is connected to digital pin 12 on arduino and likewise pin 12 was selected on labview.

I am basically trying to make a motion activated light using PIR. So if you can give me an idea how to exactly implement that.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,288 Views)