From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Quick Drop Enthusiasts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crash on Undo after Insert VI on multiple wires

If I insert a VI on multiple wires (CTRL-SHIFT-I) then try to undo it (because it decided to reroute a bunch of wires and mess up my diagram) LabVIEW will crash about 50% of the time.

Has anyone else seen this?

Anyone have a work-around?

thanks,

-John

-John
------------------------
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,391 Views)

I frequently use Ctrl-Shift-I, although I'll admit I don't undo it that often. Your "50%" comment tells me that it's not particularly reproducible for you, but if you manage to reproduce it with a codebase that you can share with me, I'll definitely CAR it so we can investigate.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,327 Views)

I demonstrated this very feature on a LabVIEW RT vi today, and used Ctrl-Z to undo, with no ill effects.Never had a problem in the past. I use LV 2014.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,327 Views)

Not sure if I can localize it that much.  I see it in complex code that is part of a very large system with tons of static dependancies.

If it helps, it usually happens when the wires I am inserting into have been branched just before and routed to other parallel parts ofthe diagram.

If I can get a consistent crash I will post it here.

-John
------------------------
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,327 Views)