From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

roboRIO imaging errors

Our FRC team is experiencing some issues with setting up our roboRIO.  We have been following the installation guide for the roboRIO and have succesfully updated the firmware within the browser, but are encountering the following error when attempting to reimage the board.  We have been attempting the reimage through USB and once using Ethernet with no different results.

Unable to download image to target. Unable to complete operation because of unexpected error:nisyscfg.lvlib:Set System Image (Folder).vi:2060001 <APPEND>

<b>Complete call chain:</b>

nisyscfg.lvlib:Set System Image (Folder).vi:2060001

nisyscfg.lvlib:Set System Image (File).vi:4160001

RoboRIOImagingTool.lvlib:Relmage Target.vi

RoboRIOImagingTool.lvlib:Reconfig Device.vi

RoboRIOImagingTool.lvlib:ImageManager.vi

RoboRIOImagingTool.lvlib:ImagingToolMain.vi

The firmware we used is revision 2.1.0f3

The image that is failing on reimage is FRC_roboRIO_2015_v23.zip

We would like to know the following:

Has anyone encountered this error before or know of a workaround?  We found this (http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1429531) and aren't happy about the resolution.

Will we have to contact support via phone?  Our mentor isn't available to be there if we call, but can likely manage without him but would like for him to be there.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(7,473 Views)

Hello roborodgers,

We have seen and resolved this error in the past.  If we could troubleshoot this over the phone, it will get you up and running ASAP.

What is your status light indicating? Have you tried imaging the roboRIO while in safe mode?

You can call us between 1-7 Central Time at 866-510-6285.

Regards,

Tom C.

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

Thomas C.
FlexRIO Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,004 Views)

We have tried downloading in safe mode. I will give you a call after 1.

Thomas Rodgers

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,004 Views)

Mentor for his team here.  Thanks for the quick reply.

I don't remember the status light on the first attempt to image.  All future attempts at imaging I've been forcing into safe mode via the reset button.  Shows up as User Directed in the web browser.  After a failure of imaging and a reset is done normally, two blinks are occuring on the status light.

I won't be able to be there for a call today, but have budgeted time tomorrow.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,004 Views)

Sounds good.

Regards,

Tom C.

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

Thomas C.
FlexRIO Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos