From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inertial Measurement Unit - how to get position and trajectory ?

Hi,

I've got a IMU microstrain 3DM-GX4-25. I'd like to be able to, first, reconstitute the trajectory quite accuratly. I have no experience in inertial navigation so i'm looking for documentation and advices.

I've found several drivers about 3DM-G... devices from microstrain but no driver for 3DM-GX4. (I'm interested in it if some of you have it.) I didn't find anything about trajectory reconstitution from IMU.

Any answer will be very appreciated so don't hesitate.

Best regards,

Mr_J

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,543 Views)

Mr_J,

I am working on gettting out an example for my 3DM-GX4-45 library but currently do not have it finished. I attched a link to my library if you want to use it. Currently it is designed for the GX4-45 but should owrk for the 25. Be sure to only use functionality from the 25 as I do not know how the sensor will respond if you send it an command that is not in its firmware.

Let me know if you have any questions.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B99iLsGVluc5VVNfSEFTQjVSWm8/view?usp=sharing

Message 2 of 4
(3,750 Views)

Hi,

thank you, I'll take a look at your project very soon. I made the complex example working from the library provided by Microstrain for 3DM-GX3. I'll post it as soon as possible so you can have a look at it (even if it's still under construction).

we keep in touch

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,750 Views)

Here is the project

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bz6pBjAvbNxQRDBqYlpqR3dvM2M&usp=sharing

it's working for the base command set, all AHRS datas (see attached files) and some NAV Data (only for estimated acceleration, est. euler and est Quaternions until now).

Download All
Message 4 of 4
(3,750 Views)