Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 2208

Hi,

I have a project with the following PPLs:

Actor Framework.lvlibp

SharedComponents.lvlibp

Main.lvlibp

The exe calls Main.lvlibp.Main.vi and runs it.

Before putting meaningful code in Main I tried it and it worked.

Now I have the basic framework in Main, I compile it and try to run it and I get "This VI has Error 2208. The full development version of Labview is required to fix the errors".

This is the second iteration, the first time I tried it it couldn't find actor framework.lvlibp, this was solved by putting it in a folder with the same name as in the project, i.e. <exe root>\AF PPL\actor framewoprk.lvlibp.

Now it doesn't search for any files, it opens the launcher and promptly shows the error. I tried compiling Main into an exe directly; tried not removing unused members of project libraries. Does anyone know what this error means and how to find the VI that is causing it?

I also tried compiling one of my test VIs into an exe, this executes fine. However, it leads to whole host of other problems...

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Danielle

"Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom.”
― Terry Pratchett
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(6,893 Views)

Hi,

I got some more data about this and I think it's connected to how the different lvlibp relate to each other. I assumed that if I put them in the same folder, they will find each other, but this appears to be incorrect.

If lvlibp2 inherits from folder1\lvlibp1, and Main.exe has lvlibp1 and lvlibp2 in Data folder, lvlibp2 will not find lvlibp1 (because it looks for it in folder1, including its relation to lvlibp2, i.e. ..\..\folder1\lvlibp1). So the solution is to keep all the lvlibps in one folder in the development environment, or alternatively to recreate the folder heirarchy in the exe folder.

This worked in a stripped down version of my program, I'll try putting it in the actual program and see how it works...

― Terry Pratchett
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,758 Views)

Yes, it worked!

All lvlibps need to be compiled into the same folder, except for the plugins themselves. All projects that use the lvlibps need to take them from said folder. Then the main exe has all shared components in one folder, and they can find each other, and loading the plugins works fine. Otherwise, the exe doesn't run (opens with broken arrow) and error 2208.

A better error message would have been a great help, I got this by trying to create a version to post on the forums

I hope this helps someone!

Danielle

― Terry Pratchett
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,758 Views)

Update on this error: While putting all the ppls in one folder helps other issues, the main issue in this case is using an express VI in an lvlibp. In one word: Don't .

― Terry Pratchett
Message 4 of 7
(4,758 Views)

dsavir wrote:

Update on this error: While putting all the ppls in one folder helps other issues, the main issue in this case is using an express VI in an lvlibp. In one word: Don't .

That is an unexpected result. Is there a bug report with NI tracking that issue?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,758 Views)

No, because it isn't for all express VIs and I didn't have the time to look into it further. Specifically it happened with the Time Elapsed express VI.  Saving Time Elapsed as a regular VI by opening the front panel solved the problem. However, Simulate signal didn't cause a problem to begin with.

― Terry Pratchett
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,758 Views)

Weird. Well, you have a workaround. I wish we had a bug to track to fix it for others, but if it is that small an issue, I'm not going to worry about it further today.

Message 7 of 7
(4,758 Views)