From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roborio No Robot Code issues

Our roborio was working for the first 3 weeks of the season with no problems. Last night I attempted to add new Autonomous code which I later realized had loops which didn't include a delay. I found a screensteps page which told how to fix this issue and attempted that but it didn't work. Now even the basic code can't be used. I have no idea what the problem is the roborio has connection with the driver station and I can ping it with the laptop using roborio-5230.local. The comm light on the robot is always red which I am aware means no robot code, however the code also says successfully deployed each time I try to load it to the computer. I have tried everything I can think of to fix the problem including rebooting the roborio and reimaging it as well as rebooting the computer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 4
(7,962 Views)

After you reimage, how are you connecting to the roboRIO?  Are you using the USB?  Does the reimage complete successfully?

If the reimage completes successfully, are you able to deploy an example project? 

Did you reset the IP in the project to match the IP of the roboRIO after the reimaging?  It could have potentially changed to another IP that's on the same subnet.

If you right-click on the roboRIO in your project and choose "Connect," do you get any errors?

We do have phone support between 1-7pm central if you'd like to call 866-511-6285.  We might be able to resolve the issue quicker if we can talk it through.

Message 2 of 4
(5,527 Views)

Sorry for the late response, we tried using both usb and wireless connection after the reimage which was completed successfully neither of which worked. We can deploy the example project and it says that it deploys successfully however the roborio doesn't show that we have any code.

I did not try to check the IP nor did I try the "Connect" idea I will do those next time to see if there is any discrepencies

We contacted another FRC team who had been helpful in the past and we found that other computers could send code to the robot both over usb and wireless connection without any problems but when we attempted to send code on our teams primary laptop no robot code would stay red. So I think I will try to uninstall and reinstall labview on that computer to see if that will help but for now we will just have to use our backup laptop to send it code and drive with the main which is a hassle but will work.

Thanks for your help and ideas

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,527 Views)

If the project is saying the project is deployed, it's running through the connection process.

If you read this before reinstallation, take a look at your Driver Station.  On the left there are several options.  Go to the gear and replace your team number with 172.22.11.2 (assuming you're connected via USB).  This will check to see if you're connected via the exact IP rather than trying to use DNS or assume the IP based on team number.

Does this show up with robot code being deployed?  Do you see the communication green or is it red?

There's no need to apologize for a late response.  We're here to help you, not the other way around 😃

If you do go ahead and uninstall LabVIEW, make sure you remember to install the Update Suite after reinstalling LabVIEW to gain access to all of the FRC functionality and toolkits within LabVIEW.

Message 4 of 4
(5,527 Views)