NI VeriStand Add-Ons Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waveforms Generation Custom Device feedback forum

Welcome to the Waveforms Generation Custom Device feedback forum. Please use forum to provide feedback or ask questions about:

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-41676

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(8,499 Views)

Hi, I just installed and compiled the Custom device?

What are the output channels? The XML does not have any and we need to map the outputs to our DAQ/FPGA AO's

Ashm01

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(6,560 Views)

Hi,

The Custom-Device has only 2 output Channels (Status):

• NB Samples Generated
  • to

For the rest, they are Waveforms (Waveform 0 to Waveform 11) or input Channels (parameters for respective Waveforms). The Custom-Device is a Waveforms producer.

Do you see something different?

Regards

Vincent

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(6,560 Views)

Hi,

In addition to what I wrote, I'm not sure that NI-VeriStand supports DAQ AO in Waveform mode.

Regards

Vincent

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(6,560 Views)

Vincent,

Let me rephrase my question and explain my use case. We wanted to use this generator to generate a few sine waves where we can vary the phase, amp and frequency.

Your custom device caught the eye since we want to do this in real time. The goal was to just map the output to an AO channel to generate point by point output.

Ashm01

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(6,560 Views)

Hi,

The Custom-Device is of Asynchronous type. Based on my understanding, for what you want to achieve, I would certainly do something "in-line" and use "pt-by-pt" generation functions.

Regards

Vincent

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(6,560 Views)

Vincent,

Sure, we can always use it if its available.

Ash

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(6,560 Views)

Thank you for sharing the work!

I use the labview 2014 and veristand 2014.

When I try to use the build code, veristand gives the error"C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\NI VeriStand 2014\Custom Devices\Waveforms Generation\Waveforms Generation Configuration.llb\Waveforms Generation Initialization VI.vi";

when I try to open the source code, I find I need some VIs as in the picture. the user.lib can not find VIs so that I can not build.

Create Dir if Non-existant_ogtk.vi

Filter Error Codes(Array)_ogtk.vi

Filter Error Codes_ogtk.vi

can you help me?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(5,192 Views)

@wanjun wrote:

Thank you for sharing the work!

I use the labview 2014 and veristand 2014.

When I try to use the build code, veristand gives the error"C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\NI VeriStand 2014\Custom Devices\Waveforms Generation\Waveforms Generation Configuration.llb\Waveforms Generation Initialization VI.vi";

when I try to open the source code, I find I need some VIs as in the picture. the user.lib can not find VIs so that I can not build.

Create Dir if Non-existant_ogtk.vi

Filter Error Codes(Array)_ogtk.vi

Filter Error Codes_ogtk.vi

can you help me?

Downloading OpenG Toolkits from the VI Package Manager fixed this issue for me.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(5,009 Views)

Hello all!

I started using the waveform generation CD on a Pharlap controller and had no issue building and deploying to Pharlap.  We also have a LinuxRT controller, but there are no build specs in that project for a LinuxRT controller.  I think the new CD API preloads all the build specs, but it looks like this was made with an older API that didn't get all the build specs.  How do we go about configuring a LinuxRT build?  

-Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(4,194 Views)