Actor Framework Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stand Alone Message Maker for 2011

Is there a stand-alone Actor Framework Message Maker compatible with the newer Actor Framework?  I am using LabVIEW 2011 SP1 and have installed AF version 4.1.0.29 from this community page.  I have also installed the Actor Framework Message maker version 3.0.6.13, also from this community page.  However, the Actor Framework message maker is not compatible with this version of the AF.  When running, the message maker is looking for VIs that do not exist, but did exist in the older Actor Framework (3.0.7.14).

I'm trying to keep all my AF code compatible with LV2012/2013, but am still stuck using LV2011.  I have opened the message maker in C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2013\project\_Message Maker and tried to backsave to 2011.  However, 1 VI (C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2013\project\_Message Maker\_support\Add Member Data from Clipboard.vi) is password protected, so I could not successfully backsave the AF message maker. 

If someone (NI) has a stand alone VI package of the Actor Framework Message Maker for LV 2011 that is compatible with the newer 2012/2013 Actor Framework 4.1.0.29 that would be very helpful.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,526 Views)

That version of the Message Maker is the last community version.  It was made for 2011, but included small changes to make it compatible with 2012.  There are no plans to update that community version.

Is Add Member Data from Clipboard.vi the only one that is password protected?

What files are missing?  I suspect the files are not gone, just in unexpected locations.  You should be albe to find the missing VIs on disk, and then make the appropriate modifications to the 2011 version of Message Maker.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,790 Views)

Yes, the Add Member Data from Clipboard.vi is the only password protected VI as part of the Message Maker itself.  Oddly this VI is not password protected in the 2011 3.0.6.13 message maker.  Additionally, there is a VI in vi.lib in 2013, that is not present in 2011.  Message Maker.lvlib:Build Send.vi uses Apply New VI Tools-Options Settings.vi.  This VI is also password protected, so I cannot back save that either.

In the AF 4.1.0.29 version that I have, there is no Send Queue class.  The message maker is looking for this. 

I ended up making changes from the 3.0.6.13 message maker so that it works with the newer Actor Framework 4.1.0.29.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,790 Views)