From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Actor Framework Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Actor Framework Message Maker crashing LabVIEW

Over the last several days there must have been 15 crash reports sent to N.I. Apparently, whenever I use Message Maker, I have a 50/50 chance of it working without causing a major malfunction and crashing LabVIEW. When it does work and the new VIs pop up, there is also a good chance that the next time I run my application, it will crash.

Is anyone else having crashes using the Message Maker? Maybe it just doesn't like me...

LV2014 SP1

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 19
(7,253 Views)

The last crash message I got stated:

Access Violation: 0xC0000005

Possible Cause: C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2014\vi.lib\ActorFramework\Message Priority Queue\Obtain Priority Queue.vi

This was after I ran Message Maker and then ran my application. Like I said...50/50 chance.

If I don't run Message Maker but do make lots of changes (recode) and then run my app to test, no crashes.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 19
(4,142 Views)

While I have had some crashes after using the message maker, it certainly wasn't 50 percent of the time...

My actor framework got corrupt at some point and message priority queue was no longer part of the actor framework.lvlib as a result. Is you actor framework lvlib OK?

Do you have anything you wouldn't expect to see in your dependencies?

If you take a fresh project and create an actor and use the message maker, is it still 50/50 crash?

Good luck,

Danielle

"Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom.”
― Terry Pratchett
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 19
(4,142 Views)

The only dependencies I have are from vi.lib.

I'll try a new, simpler project see what happens. My current project is starting to get up there in size (444 files)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 19
(4,142 Views)

Ok, I created a new Actor Framework project, created a public VI, ran Message Maker...worked. Created another new VI, ran Message Maker.....crashed:

Exception: Access violation (0xC0000005) at EIP=0x00C681A6

Version: 14.0.1 (32-bit)

Possible Cause: C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2014\vi.lib\SourceControl\sccconnsrv\SCC_ConnSrv GenDoneEvent.vi

So, large project or small, the problem persists.

By the way, my installation of LabVIEW 2014 SP1 is hardly two weeks old. I have been running another project (non-AF) without any problems.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 19
(4,142 Views)

Hi,

I doubt it has any connection, but did you install the f2 patch? Perhaps try uninstalling labview and installing again? This sounds like a fundamental problem of your LabVIEW, have you tried asking NI for support?

― Terry Pratchett
Message 6 of 19
(4,142 Views)

I have Service Pack 1....that came after the f2 patch didn't it?

I planned to call N.I. support if my problem didn't get resolved here. Guess it's time to do that.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 19
(4,142 Views)

Yup. Sorry I couldn't help.

― Terry Pratchett
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 19
(4,142 Views)

Do any of the messages you make invoke methods that take a class as an input (other than the actor that owns the method)?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 19
(4,142 Views)

That would be a no.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 19
(4,142 Views)