LabVIEW Architects Forum

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tuesday, November 17, 2015 is our next Meeting - Call for topics

Hi LAF members,

I figured that I should probably learn from my friend Steve Watts and start asking for ideas for topics for the next meeting right after the last meeting ended and I still have your attention

So far we have a request to talk about channel wires (a.k.a. as Jeff's wire): https://decibel.ni.com/content/message/110563#110563

Please add your requests or volunteer to present here.

[Edit] I will use the "likes" to guide me on figuring out which are the most popular topics.

Thanks,

Fab

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(11,096 Views)

I'm happy to present on any topic for which I already have slides and demos written. Here are some of my more popular recent presentations that I think could provide value to LAF attendees:

• Augmenting Right-Click Menus in LabVIEW 2015 (co-presented with AristosQueue at NIWeek 2015)
  • Improving Your LabVIEW Code with the VI Analyzer (NI Days 2015, NIWeek 2015)
  • Hidden Gems in vi.lib (at least a dozen times across multiple continents in 2014)
Message 2 of 13
(8,665 Views)

I definitely enjoyed Mercer's SOLID presentation this week.  I'd be interested in seeing the other letters that he didn't get time to talk about. 

Message 3 of 13
(8,665 Views)

Another idea is for shorter presentations. People could do a shorter presentation about something cool they learned. I still remember how "Suspend when call" side conversation during CLA Summit 2011 ended up being  one of the highlights to many CLAs

Ideas for short presentations:

Code review

Cool tips and tricks

Architectural review

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(8,665 Views)

Just updated the Google Calendar, home page and the title for this thread.

It turns out that the next meeting is on Tuesday, November 17.

Any new ideas for presentations? Anybody volunteering to present?

Thanks,

Fab

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(8,665 Views)

What time?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(8,665 Views)

R._D._Childers wrote:

What time?

at 6:00 PM

you can also check the times/dates for the year meetings at the overview page:

https://decibel.ni.com/content/groups/labview-architects-forum

And/Or if you use Google Calendar, add the LAF calendar to your calendar by clicking on the + Google button at the bottom of the calendar displayed on the overview page:

https://decibel.ni.com/content/groups/labview-architects-forum

Regards,

Fab

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(8,665 Views)

Is this meeting still happening?  Nothing showing up on the screen share or the phone so far...

-John
------------------------
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(8,665 Views)

Yes, sorry we were delayed in setting up the remote side. We are recording the meeting.

Charles Chickering
Architecture is art with rules.

...and the rules are more like guidelines
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(8,665 Views)

Yes, it's up now. Sorry we were delayed getting started. -drew

Drew Pierce | District Manager, Central Texas | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(8,665 Views)