Quick Drop Enthusiasts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexpected Insert, Remove, Replace

So I've seen several individual posts but I think there could be a list of functions that when removed, inserted, or replaced using QuickDrop, the result isn't quite what you would expect.

If I have a 1D array, and select the wire, and choose QD "Delete From Array", or "Insert Into Array" I would expect the array to be passed through, but instead get broken arrows.

If I have an Insert Into Array, on a 1D array, where I am also inserting a 1D array, choosing QD Remove, wires the element to the output, where I would expect the array in, would go to the array out. 

If I have a 1D array wire and insert Split 1D array it tries to wire the array input to the index instead of the array input.  Interestingly enough the right click insert workes fine.

Removing an In Range and Coerce wires the lower limit to the coerces output, my opinion is the X input should be wired to the output.

Inserting Search Split String on a string wire I'd expect the input to be Input String, but it is wired to the Search String.

Inserting Search Replace String on a string wire I'd expect the input to be Input String, but it is wired to the Replace String.  Also on the remove I would expect the Input String and Result String to be wired together but, Replace String is wired to Result String.

Removing a type cast as described in this post doesn't work as expected.

If I have a scalar boolean wire, and I insert a Compound Arithatic I get a broken arrow because the Add function is selected.  This is pretty minor but could a valid boolean operation like Add, or Or be selected?

Not saying all these need CARs but wanted to get a list of things I've noticed that bug me.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,580 Views)

I'll add another oddity I just ran into. In the future it might be helpful to have a single place to show examples of QD not doing what you might expect. In the example below I highlighted the reference and error wires and tried to do a multi-wire insert to add another invoke node. This is something I have done many times before so I was pretty surprised at the result.

Insert Before.png  Insert After.png

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,213 Views)

Yeah, Smart Insert isn't so smart when a branched wire gets involved. It's an issue that comes up every once in a while that I just haven't had time to fix. I did a cursory investigation a while back and the fix is not straightforward.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,213 Views)