G#

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relinking on LV startup in v1.6.5 (latest)

With LV 2014 and the latest VIPM version og g# I get a successful relinking everytime I start LV. This happens on three different installations.

What I ma doing wrong?

Cheers

Andrea

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(15,505 Views)

32 or 64 bit LV? I have 2014 32 bit without the issue, so it sounds like the original mass compile didn't succeed. You did install from a admin LV, right? (brain storming)

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(13,981 Views)

I'll check that

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(13,981 Views)

I noticed the same thing. I have had no issue before installing without starting LV as admin. I think there is something wrong with the VIPM. I notified Mattias a few hours before your post, Andrea. He will create a new VIPM as soon as he can, but it can take several days before the VIPM servers are all updated.

//Thomas

Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(13,981 Views)

Hi,

Oops,  the problem is that I forgot to recompile source code to LV2012 before building with VIPM. Original source code is in LV2010. If source code is not in LV2012 when building with VIPM, all paths in the <LabVIEW>/resource folder will not be correct, since before LV2012, the <LabVIEW>/resource was not treated as a "symbolic" path as vi.lib and user.lib are. I am a bit surprise that VIPM allowed me to build.

Very sorry for this but new build is on its way.

/Mattias

Message 5 of 11
(13,981 Views)

Hi,

Here is a download link to the new VIPM package. The one on NI Servers will be updated in a few days.

http://addq4.se/download/Files/addq_lib_gsharp-1.6.1.4.vip.zip

Please unzip the vip file before installation.

Regards,

Mattias

Message 6 of 11
(13,981 Views)

Looks good! Correctly installs and correct version

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(13,981 Views)

It works. Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(13,981 Views)

Just a heads up, the version on LVTN (1.6.1.4) still has this problem.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(13,770 Views)

Thanks for the heads up!

The reason is that Mattias is the only one that knows how to build vipm-packages, and even he fails most of the times ;). According to him, it is a cumbersome manual process for each build. 

Is it an inconvenience to use the download from AddQ? If so, let us know and we will put some effort into creating vipm-packages. The download is for 1.7.0, but if you for some reason need 1.6.1, let us know.

We have been trying for some time to find a time where Mattias can show me what I need to do to create vipm-packages, but we have been to busy in our customers' projects to find the time.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(13,765 Views)