Biomedical User Group Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECG Feature extraction and PPG

Hi,

I tried using the biomedical workbench to extract the ecg features but for some reason the amplitudes of the P and T waves are not indicated. Is there a way to use the biomedical workbench or feature extraction VI to extract all features including all those in the workbench and along with the T and P wave amplitudes?

I am aslo trying to do the same for the PPG signal, am trying to find the time intervals and area under the curve, and detect the dichrotic notch, if there is anyone who can help, I would appreciate it!

Thanks,

Thaer!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,469 Views)

If you could share some data, we could have a look.

Thanks!

Message 2 of 3
(3,518 Views)

Of course, thank you!

Here is the block I am using to extract ECG features, If you can see in the block diagram there are many blocks, one allows me to input tdms files, and since my tdms files which contain  my ecg samples had over 15 million samples each! I had to make a small block for me to choose which area in my file I wanted to process. further in the block, you will notice that I have used the wavelet multi resolution vi to detect peaks, which proved very inaccurate in my case, (You will find that I still havent set the default threshold voltages), so I added from the biomedical toolkit the feature extraction vi in addition to the big block i was using, which gave much more information than the mutiresloution  one. So I am thinking of the following:

1- use the ecg feature exctraction vi and then output the array of data to a spread sheet which is one of the things I am facing trouble with

2- the feature extraction vi does not give me the P and T wave amplitudes neither duration of onset, which is my main problem which led to making me use the multiresloution vi.

3- I have PPG tdms files which I need to input and extract some information from which I will tell you more about if you think you can help me with after this ecg extraction issue.

P.s If you need a sample of a tdms ecg file I can provide with one that I downloaded from physiobank as edf and converted into tdms using the biomedical workbench.

thank you in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,518 Views)