FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New roboRIO won't complete power on - Status LED red blinks 2 times

Solved!
Go to solution

Brand new roboRIO fresh out of the box won't run.

Power LED is steady green.

Status LED is red blinking 2 times inducating:

"The device has detected an error in its software. This usually

occurs when an attempt to upgrade the software is interrupted.

Reinstall software on the device."

I connect the roboRIO USB Device Port to my PC to image or update the firmware and Windows says:

"USB Device Not recognized" so Windows is not connected and I can't access the roboRIO from my PC.

Reset or reset to safe mode doesn't change anything (except of course the status LED blinks 3 times now for safe mode).

I bought 2 roboRIOs together.  The other one imaged perfectly.  This 2nd one is DOA.

How do I get a working roboRIO?

My Service Request number is 7467349.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,654 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jdough

Your best bet is to work through the service request you have open.  The group that picks up that call is the quickest way to troubleshoot and get through to RMA.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,553 Views)

Thank you for the advice.  NI phone person refused to consider my problem and said for all things FIRST FRC I must pursue answer from an NI applications engineer here (ni.com/frc which I am hopeful is this place - I did have to make an educated guess).

I called NI again and they are sending me a new roboRIO.  (Direction by original NI phone support person to use this discussion area was incorrect.)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,553 Views)

This would be the right place.  Although, the call would have been a better place.  I just sent you an email giving you a bit more context.  Let's continue your support there.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,553 Views)