NI Linux Real-Time Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keyboard Events

Is it possible to use the /Connectivity/Input Device Control vi's in Linux RT ?

I want to capture a keyboard event, and the project lets me use these vi's but on deployment there is an error :

LabVIEW:  Failed to load shared library lvinput.*:closeObject:C. Ensure that the library is present on the RT target. Use either MAX to install NI software or FTP to transfer custom libraries to the RT target.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,632 Views)

Hey Tark,

The lvinput.so doesn't appear to be installed on the target with the default installation from MAX. I've created a corrective action request (#555791) to track this issue internally.

I obtained the lvinput.so (attached) from a 2015 LabVIEW 64bit for Linux installation and distributed this to the target. I tested the Keyboard acquire very minimally but it worked without issue. I think this should work for what you're looking to do, but note that because it wasn't officially provided with the RT install it is not tested and not officially supported.

Tim A.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,781 Views)

Hi Timothy,

thanks for the information, where on the cRIO should the lvinput.so file be stored ?

thanks

Adrian

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,781 Views)

In my testing I placed them in /usr/local/lib.

How Can I Make Shared Libraries Load on Startup on Real-Time Systems?

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/7E5A8B35F58B0299862572AD007994A0

Tim A.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,781 Views)

This forum string is extremely old but just in case anybody else runs into this issue it is still active as of LV2020.  The lvinput.so posted above works if placed in /usr/lib and you modify the file permissions to be read write.  I recommend SCP for the file transfer WebDav is not supported in /usr/lib.  

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,004 Views)