Actor Framework Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop Core Error in LV2015 - Can someone please post up a zipped LV2015 AF?

I've encountered the Stop Core bug discussed in this thread, but as luck would have it, I don't have a backup of the ActorFramework library on my current machine (the best known fix for the bug is to replace the corrupt ActorFramework library with a clean one). I'd really appreciate it if someone could post up a zipped version of the LV2015 AF library...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(5,211 Views)

I have seen this quite a few times lately, I believe all you need to do is remove the Stop Core.vi from the AF library, save the library, add the Stop Core.vi back into the library, re-scope it to protected and save.  This should fix the problem for you.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,572 Views)

Unfortunately this didn't work for me- the file was already protected, and I couldn't seem to remove it from the library properly (it kept reappearing). But I was able to fix the problem by just overwriting it with the LV2014 Stop Core.vi, so I'm good to go. Thanks for the advice anyway.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,572 Views)

Interesting, I haven't seen it act exactly like that before. Good to know how to fix it in case I see it in the future.  Did your error result in a LabVIEW crash or from moving an actor framework project between different computers outside of source control (or some other action)?  I have seen it happen as a result of both.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,572 Views)

I've only ever seen it after a LabVIEW crash, but I can't speak to the other cause you mention, as I haven't moved any projects between computers outside of source control.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,572 Views)

Yeah, I don't make a habit of venturing out side SCC, but I have had cause to a few times recently and it triggered this issue.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,572 Views)

This happens to me almost every time I override Stop Core.vi. It's happened several times to other folks in my group as well. We've found two ways to solve it. The first is easy, as other have suggested here, and that is to simply replace the whole vi.lib/actorframework folder with a clean copy. The second is similar to another post, but requires an additional step. For some reason, this second method doesn't always work.

1. Close all projects and VI's
  2. Open the AF library.
  3. Remove Stop Core from library, save and close library
  4. Open Stop Core, in the menu (file menu I think, i can't recall right now), there is sometime an option to disconnect from library. I don't know why this doesn't always show up. If it doesn't, the only way I know of to fix the problem is to replace the whole AF folder. Click this option, save the VI, and close
  5. Reopen AF library, add file, add the Stop Core file, set to Protected, and save

An odd problem, I hope NI finds the cause soon.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,572 Views)

If you still need it here is a copy. I keep a fresh copy on hand since I had this happen a bunch of times while learning the framework.

Brad Remenak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,572 Views)