LabVIEW Architects Forum

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tuesday, February 23 is our next meeting - Call for presentations

Hi LAF members,

I hope you are all doing well.

I have updated the dates for 2016 on our overview page as well as on our Google Calendar.

The first meeting of 2016 will be on Tuesday, February 23 at 6:00 PM

Here is the registration link: http://sine.ni.com/nievents/app/offering/p/offeringId/2348486/site/nic/country/us/lang/en

We are looking for presenters and presentations ideas. What would you like us to discuss? If you don't want to present for an hour, we can do shorter presentations with only a handful of slides or no slides at all!

If you don't want to present, but there is a topic you would like to discuss, please add it in the comments.

Regards,

Fab

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(9,109 Views)

We don't have any volunteers to present and we don't have any requests for topics or presentations.

So unless I hear from the group, we will be canceling the February 23rd meeting.

We need to have presenters and topics lined up by early next week (February 16) so the invitations, announcements, etc can go out.

As a reminder, you don't have to present for 45 minutes, you can suggest a topic and we can make it an open discussion session regarding the topic of choice.

Regards,

Fab

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(7,701 Views)

Hey Fab – do you allow for remote presenters? Brian Hoover’s XNode presentation is neat (he did it for the SEMLUG group yesterday), and I think he’d appreciate the opportunity to give it to your guys.

Copyright © 2004-2023 Christopher G. Relf. Some Rights Reserved. This posting is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.
Message 3 of 8
(7,701 Views)

Christopher Relf wrote:

Hey Fab – do you allow for remote presenters? Brian Hoover’s XNode presentation is neat (he did it for the SEMLUG group yesterday), and I think he’d appreciate the opportunity to give it to your guys.

Yes we do! in fact it is almost becoming a tradition to have a remote presenter and a local one.

Brian has graciously accepted to present.

So now we need a second presenter or a topic for an open discussion after Brian's presentation.

Thanks,

Fab

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(7,701 Views)

The first time presenting this it took an hour, with a decent amount of discussion throughout, and at the end.  At the end I cut out some demos because I knew I was short on time.  I guess what I'm saying is I could make this topic take 30 minutes, or 2 hours.

And yes Chris, I do appreciate the opportunity, thanks.

Message 5 of 8
(7,701 Views)

FabiolaDelaCueva wrote:

Christopher Relf wrote:

Hey Fab – do you allow for remote presenters? Brian Hoover’s XNode presentation is neat....

Yes we do... Brian has graciously accepted to present.

Yay! Awesome.

Copyright © 2004-2023 Christopher G. Relf. Some Rights Reserved. This posting is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(7,701 Views)

Brian Hoover wrote:

The first time presenting this it took an hour, with a decent amount of discussion throughout, and at the end.  At the end I cut out some demos because I knew I was short on time.

I think that the level of that presentation and number of examples was fine. Unless there's another example that demonstrates something important that the others don't, I'd leave it as is.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(7,701 Views)

Meeting details available at: https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-46819

Still looking for food sponsors, ping me if you or your company are interested in sponsoring food for a group of LabVIEW geeks

Message 8 of 8
(7,701 Views)