From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Next Steps - LabVIEW RIO Evaluation Kit

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I start a project using Labview2014 if my evaluation kit is 2013 version?

I mean, is it even possible? I've started working at a lab recently and they upgraded Labview from 2013 version to 2014. My question is, we only have the NILabView RIO evaluation kit for 2013 (this includes the setup CD), but I'm already using 2014 version to develop my own applications and I want to upload it to the RIO board. Can anyone help?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,735 Views)

Hello Jose,

Yes your evaluation kit can also be used with LabVIEW 2014. You can either open your existing LabVIEW 2013 eval kit project in LabVIEW 2014 then save and run it, or add your evaluation kit to your existing LabVIEW 2014 project.

1. It sounds like you already have a 2014 project, so the first step will be to install 2014 software and driver support on the evaluation kit in NI MAX. To do so, you can follow this Getting Started tutorial. If you have the LabVIEW 2014 Real-Time Module, the correct software option should appear as LabVIEW Real-Time 14.0.0.
  2. Add your evaluation kit to your existing LabVIEW project, following this tutorial. Your eval kit should show up under Real-Time Single-Board RIO
  3. In the project, create a new VI or transfer any example code you want to run on the eval kit by dragging it from My Computer or a Windows Explorer Window to under the kit.

Hope this helps!

Deborah

Deborah Burke
NI Hardware and Drivers Product Manager
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Message 2 of 3
(5,828 Views)

I certainly appreciated your effort in answering me. It was quite straight to the point and simple, as it should always be. Thanks for the help! Let me know if I can do the same for you.

Message 3 of 3
(5,828 Views)