From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Web Development Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basic Authentication not relying on Silverlight

Hi All,

I'm using Labview 2015 and I develop some very simple web services with It.

My problem is that I need to use basic authentication but I don't want Silverlight constrain.

All my web service are GET or POST methods using JSON string for input/output parameters.

I don't need any user interface only basic authentication and GET/POST method but I wnat to use CHROME and POSTMAN.

If you have some advice I will be very happy to follow It and test It.

Regards

Golzio

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,905 Views)

Hi Golzio,

Basic Authorization is essentially sending username and password in plain text. You should only consider using Basic Auth if your LabVIEW Web Service is configured to use SSL, and even then NI-Auth has more features that may be valuable (for user management etc).

Given that, parsing a Basic Auth header is pretty direct and the folllowing is an example:

HTTP Basic Auth.png

Milan
Message 2 of 3
(4,106 Views)

Hi MilanR,

Thank you very good advice.

I will go for this only for basic auth. For the other case I will arrange a way to develope web service and authentication on Visual studio also wrapping some DLL developed with Labview.

Regards

Alessio Colzi

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,106 Views)