SAPHIR - Toolkits Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distribution and licensing

The GMod toolkit seems to be quite adaptable.  It makes setting up Modbus test tools a lot easier. 

The question I have though is for distribution and licensing.

Will we need to purchase a seat for every system if we decide to distribute as executables?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,684 Views)

Hello,

I'm glad to see that our toolkit could help you for your project. Concerning our licensing policy, you can basically keep these 2 points in mind:

1-you need one license for each LabVIEW developer.

2-there is no extra fee needed to build and distribute EXE that use our toolkit

Hope that will work for you.

Have a great day.

Olivier

Olivier Jourdan

Wovalab founder | DQMH Consortium board member | LinkedIn |

Stop writing your LabVIEW code documentation, use Antidoc!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,912 Views)

Hello Olivier,

I am under an enterprise agreement with NI so hopefully that is OK.

Do the block diagrams remain locked once purchased?

Kind Regards,

Michael

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,912 Views)

I want anyone reading this post to be aware that when purchasing the ModBus Toolkit for what they will receive.  I had downloaded the toolkit as a trial.  I had submitted an invoice through our corporate procurement department under the assumption that I would have a fully unlocked toolkit, and unfortunately that was not the case. 

The toolkit only disables the "Trial" version it does not unlock any of the toolkits once purchased. 

Also to note the toolkit is not supported by NI as it is developed by 3rd party organization (Saphir). 

I just want the buyers to be aware of what is being purchased.  If you are anticipating an unlocked toolkit unfortunately this is not it and I recommend you to pursue or build your own toolkit.  I cannot attest to other toolkits provided by Saphir but I can only assume that it is the same case. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,912 Views)

Hello Michael,

As we discuss privately, you are pointing out something that is probably not well "documented" on our website or on the LVTN. Thank you to share this with other LabVIEW dev. However, it has always been like that since 1994 and the first version of our ModBus toolkit. Hundreds of different users seem OK with that as far as our toolkit works fine and we provide any assistance in case of necessity.

Each SAPHIR's toolkit is diagram protected for 2 main reasons :

1. In the past, and despite the license agreement, we experienced violation of our code
  2. To provide the best assistance we can, we need to be certain that our code is not modified

We would love to share everything with our customer but as fa as we experienced it not the best way for us to guarantee the best user experience to our customers.

Anyway, I totally understand that your company’s policy prevents you from using protected codes.

Have a great day and success in your projects.

Olivier

Olivier Jourdan

Wovalab founder | DQMH Consortium board member | LinkedIn |

Stop writing your LabVIEW code documentation, use Antidoc!
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,912 Views)