GPU Computing

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Initialize Device.vi Error 42

I tried to run the example "Heat Equation Solver.vi". The Initialize Device.vi generates the error 42, but the CUDA Version is displayed correctly.

The CUDA_PATH is set correctly too.

My setup:

Windows 7 32-bit

LabView version 14.0.1f3 (32-bit)

NI GPU Analysis Toolkit 32-bit version 15.0.0.9

Nvidia CUDA Toolkit version 6.5.14 32-bit

Nvidia Quadro FX 1700 driver version 340.62

I would be vary glad if someone knows what the problem could be.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(7,260 Views)

There are two basic steps that can help you debug this further. The first is to run a few standalone CUDA examples that come precompiled w/ the CUDA toolkit installer. In particular, run deviceQuery.exe. If this fails, then CUDA installation has an issue.

If deviceQuery works, then run the LV GPU toolkit example that loads the information on each GPU it recognizes. It internally runs some of the underlying functions to populate device properties. If it fails, then the LV GPU toolkit installation is potentially corrupt.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,520 Views)

Hello MathGuy.

Thank you for your help.

I launched the deviceQuery.exe and it was successful. Then I have reinstalled the LV GPU Toolkit but the problem still existed.

After that I debugged the "Initialize Device.vi". I found out that the "Get Cleanup Procedure Address.vi" generated the error. Within this VI I saw that the path to lvcuda32.dll returned from "Get Library Path-lvcuda.vi" was relative (lvgpu\lvcuda32.dll).

Unbenannt7.png

I replaced the relative path with the absolute path "C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2014\resource\lvgpu".

Unbenannt8.png

After that I started the example "Heat Equation Solver.vi" again and everything worked fine.

This is some kind of a workaround. Is there a way to set something like a path variable to "lvcuda32.dll" inside LabView?

Message 3 of 3
(6,520 Views)