From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Hidden Gems in vi.lib

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AB_API: RTEXE support in LV2015?

Looking through the autobuilder API I found the NI_AB_API_RTEXE class and folder.  Unfortunately, the class doesn't have any methods associated with it.  The documentation says, "This class allows the API access to new and existing RT EXE build specifications, but does not currently implement any class-specific functionality."

The API example code calls specific constructors for the type of build being done.  (e.g. To build an executable, NI_AB_API_EXE.lvclass:Create New EXE.vi is called.)  Obviously, since RTEXE class doesn't contain any methods, I can't do that.  However, while exploring the parent API class (NI_AB_API_Build.lvclass), I noticed the Create New Build VI has an option defining what kind of build you want to do.  It appears as though the API_Build class was intended to be used as the primary interface to the entire API, but I can't find a way to set the startup VI for an RTEXE.

Is it possible to programmatically create a complete build script for an RTEXE using the API?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(6,869 Views)

Unfortunately this is not currently possible. The NI_AB_API_RTEXE class was created with future implementation in mind, but we never got around to that implementation.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(6,209 Views)