LabVIEW Development Best Practices Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building a Stand-Alone Application (use Project packed lib.)

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am working on Diesel Injector measurement system. For controlling test bench LabVIEW(Full development system sp1) is used.

Problem in detail:

Main Program will call another VI(it is in Project packed Library called as Test Panel).

Everything work fine in development system but when I try to make an Application at that time Test panel program start & within one second it is closed ,Application become unstable.

Thank you in advance

Kuddo welcomed
CLAD-CTD
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(9,228 Views)

bhavin008 schrieb:

Main Program will call another VI(it is in Project packed Library called as Test Panel).

Everything work fine in development system but when I try to make an Application at that time Test panel program start & within one second it is closed ,Application become unstable.

Could you please elaborate what you mean by Test Panel?

Generally speaking, EXEs can differ from the DevEnviroment in path constants and dependencies. Is it possible, your PPL is not included in the build?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(8,589 Views)

Test panel is a module program,included into PPL

In the following pic, I am working with 'Module Program Labview2010' that send message or data to PCRs5 through 'Testpanel ppl'

yes PPL is included into the build.

Interface.PNG

Kuddo welcomed
CLAD-CTD
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(8,589 Views)

Thanks for the clarification. Will you get an error message when TestPanel stops executing? Am I understanding right, you are still using LV2010?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(8,589 Views)

No,There is no Error message. Frontpanel of Testpanel directly disappear (may b closed). moreover after this operation when I start Testpanel seperately  from PPL (Without calling from my VI ) then still such a strange behaviour(According to me , It's because some references in PPL not closed last time properly  ,m not sure about it).

yes our all other development work is in LV2010 so still i am using 2010..

Kuddo welcomed
CLAD-CTD
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(8,589 Views)

bhavin008 schrieb:

.... moreover after this operation when I start Testpanel seperately  from PPL (Without calling from my VI ) then still such a strange behaviour(According to me , It's because some references in PPL not closed last time properly  ,m not sure about it).

Sorry for asking over and over again, I'm trying to narrow down facts...

When Testpanel has crashed and you're calling it "directly" you mean trying to run it from LabVIEW development system? Where (the folder) is the PPL you're opening actually situated?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(8,589 Views)

No problem...

Test panel is crashed when i run application(that call Testpanel in ppl).and after that when i run testpanel seperately from ppl(through development system) so again it is crashed.

checkout Project explorer image

M09_PCR_s5_FPST_Main_V1.0_160728.vi  will call testpanel module from PPL . both are highlighted in image.

thanks in advance

explorer.PNG

Kuddo welcomed
CLAD-CTD
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(8,589 Views)

Could you send a screenshoot of the Exe build folder?

So if you do the following, what will happen:

1.) Start the Exe (resulting in a crash of TestPanel), LabVIEW not running

2.) Close the rest of the application.

2.) Open LabVIEW, open the PPL in your development folder (which will cause TestPanel to crash again)

3.) Close LabVIEW, Restart LabVIEW, open PPL from development system.

BTW... is your PPL using asynchronous processes running in the background that may be left open when irregularly shutting down TestPanel?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(8,589 Views)

here i attach the screenshot and

ans 2,3 : solved (cause Testpanel was not able to find INI file but now it's working)

now only problem with exe(1)

moreover i do not have more detail of PPL because it's provided by external supplier (Everything password protectd..)

in past message as you told thatconstant path will affect exe (i mean when calling a SubVI from EXE). could you please give some link or explanation about it ? if possible .

Unbenannt.PNG

Kuddo welcomed
CLAD-CTD
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(8,589 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gab008

If the ini file solves some of the problems, this probably also is true for the exe

You might want to check this or this

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(8,589 Views)