From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Actor Framework Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event case not firing

I took the TDMS File Viewer and made it an Actor. Referencing the screenshot you'll see I have a "Send Groups-Channels" message being sent in the "File Contents" event case. This control is the Tree Control in the left pane. If I select a child in the tree, it should trigger the event. However, when this is running, I can expand/collapse the parent items in the tree but I can't select any of the child items AND the event doesn't fire. I have the Tree Control Selection Mode set to "1 or More", "Highlight Entire Row", and "Limit multi-select to children". The Tree control is ENABLED. Other events in the User Event structure work, e.g, Panel Resize, Panel Close and the Stop Signal.

Any ideas why the Tree Control acts like it's disabled?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,932 Views)

Do other events on the Tree Control itself work, such as a simple Mouse Down? I don't have any ideas, I'm just trying to narrow the scope a bit.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,574 Views)

Yes, for example, I can trigger the "Item Open" event.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,574 Views)

I have no idea then. I've never heard of this.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,574 Views)

Ok, the Selection Mode of the Tree Control was the problem. The TDMS File Viewer doesn't assign the "Child Only" property when populating the tree control with the TDMS channels. So it's necessary to ensure the "Allow Selection of Parent Items" is TRUE.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,574 Views)

Ah.

I both hate it and love it when it turns out to be user error. Not a bug and yet somehow still a problem with our user experience. 🙂

Message 6 of 6
(3,574 Views)