Volume License Agreement Community Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI License Manager in Windows 7

I know that the Volume License Manager doesn't work in Windows 7, but what about the NI License Manager (the client)?

I am able to successfully telnet from the Windows 7 machine to my Volume License Manager server, but when I run the NI License Manager it hangs.  LabVIEW starts in evaluation mode but is unable to communicate with the license server.  (Unfortunately the error message also says to contact me!)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(7,296 Views)

Hi Doug,

NI License Manager 3.4 has been tested and works on Windows 7. I would suggest you post this question on the support discussion forums instead of the community.

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board?board.id=410

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,945 Views)

Thank you,

You answered my question and referred me to the correct place which I hadn't found.  Once I knew that the License Manager worked in Windows 7, I continued troubleshooting and found that I had to add a DNS suffix on the Advanced TCP/IP Settings DNS Tab for the Local Area Connection Properties TCP/IPv4 item.  Embarrassingly, I already documented this 2 years ago and forgot.  The correct tests in my case are "nslookup nilicensemgr" and "telnet nilicensemgr 27000" not "nslookup nilicensemgr.ku.edu" and "telnet nilicensemgr.ku.edu 27000"  This is true even though the NI License Manager is configured with nilicensemgr.ku.edu

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,945 Views)