From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uninstall Labview 8.5.1 and installing Labview 8.6 Questions

Hi

I would like know if uninstalling LabVIEW 8.5 through windows uninstaller is fine to use and should I uninstall all of 8.5 including all of the other software so that 8.6 is put in clean.

Is that a good thing or a bad thing to do?

OR if there is a labview spacific uninstall

thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(7,054 Views)

Hello Lucario1138,

I am assuming that these questions are in relation to the FRC Software.

You can uninstall LabVIEW FRC 2009 by going to Control Panel >> Add/Remove Programs.  In the window that pops up just scroll down to the National Instruments Software and hit the Change/Remove Button.  At that point our own uninstaller window will appear and allow you to select what you want to uninstall.  Find LabVIEW FRC 2009 in this list, select it, and hit the uninstall button.

So the short answer is that the Windows Uninstallation process will automatically call the NI Uninstaller to remove LabVIEW FRC 2009.

NOTE:  You do not have to uninstall LabVIEW FRC 2009 in order to install the 2010 version.  However, I do know that the license for 2009 expires very soon so having it installed will most likely not be worthwhile.

I hope this helps.  Please let me know if you have any further questions!

Thanks!

Bob

NI FIRST Support

Thanks!
Bob H
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,432 Views)