NI Labs Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multisim with labVIEW

Dear All Ni Communities,

I am new kindly help me, is it posible to convert labVIEW file in multysim for example (thermal senser.vi in to thermal senser.ms10) if yes than how?

Best Regards

M Adnan Younus

Message 1 of 3
(9,694 Views)

Hello M Adnan Younus,

Multisim schematic files are completely different from LabVIEW VI files, so it is not possible to turn a VI (which is a coded application) into a circuit schematic. However, I would be interested in learning exactly what you are trying to do. Since Multisim is a schematic would it be safe to assume that what you are trying to do is build a circuit, and then have your VI (in this example a thermal sensor) actually take measurements off of that Multisim schematic?

If that is the case then what you can do is convert your thermal sensor into a VI that will run inside of Multisim. This would mean that the thermal sensor VI would connect to the Multisim schematic you have created, and then read measurement values in the same way that VI would do on real measurement, from a real-life circuit.

If you are interested in doing this you can check out the following DevZone article: http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/5635

Let me know if this all makes sense.

Thanks

Bhavesh Mistry

Product Manager, National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,991 Views)

LabVIEW Multisim Connectivity Toolkit (Beta version 0.2)

Hi

I have access to Multisim Education Edition version 11 and LabVIEW proffesinal version 2010 but when I want to instal this toolikt after destination directory section (where my labview has been installed) and accepting the license agreement I get this message

Installation Summary
No software will be installed or removed.

and the Next button is disabled so I can't continue.Whould you plz let me know what have I done wrong and how can I instal this toolkit?

Mant thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,991 Views)