NI Labs Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome to Xilinx IP for National Instruments LabVIEW 2010

The Xilinx IP provides a friendly wizard interface to integrate IPs of Xilinx to LabVIEW and enables users to cycle accurately simulate the IP within the LabVIEW execution environment. This thread is intended to foster discussion about the project. Please post your questions, suggestions and applications here. Our team including R&D, marketing, and support will actively monitor this discussion.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(12,374 Views)

Hello, I've just installed the Xilinx IP following your procedure and I do not see the new menu with the Xilinx VIs.

Thanks

ps: I tried to insert a print screen but I get an 'unexpected error' when I try to insert an image.

Luiz Carlos Maia Junior
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,728 Views)

Has anyone ever used this?

Luiz Carlos Maia Junior
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,728 Views)

Hi Luiz

The Palette only displays when targetting a VIRTEX-5 FPGA. The main part of the Xilinx IP is not supported on Virtex-2 or Spartan target and therefore the palette is not displayed.

Best Regards

Michiel
Applications Engineer
NI Belgium
http://www.ni.com/ask
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,728 Views)

Ok, you should've said that on the welcome message, so, first suggestion Virtex-II support...

Luiz Carlos Maia Junior
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,728 Views)

Hi, I'm very interested in utilizing the Xilinx IP for performing some single-precision floating point math on a cRIO FPGA.  Do you have any examples of using the Xilinx FFT IP?

-Derek Roane
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,728 Views)

Hello gregopher, your application seems to be quite specific so I'd advise you to generate the IPs yourself as you're relying on single precision floating point.

Here's something that may help you: http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/7444

Good luck,

Luiz.

Luiz Carlos Maia Junior
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,728 Views)

Hi Glider pilot

There is available a Xilinx core lib to use with the target NI-sbRIO 9631??

Thx

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,728 Views)

Hello Bern_ ,

Are you using LabVIEW 2010 or a later version?

In later versions This Xilinx CoreGen IP Palette graduated NILabs so it should be directly available in the FPGA palette (if supported).

I just checked at my side and for the 9631 (Spartan 3 FPGA) it is not available in LabVIEW 2012 (the version running on my pc).

However, you should still be able to use existing IP from ni.com/ipnet .

(For 9636 (Spartan 6 FPGA) it is directly available)

Can you give me some extra information about what you're trying to do?

Thanks in advance!

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved and/or give a kudo. 😉
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,728 Views)