From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Volume License Agreement Community Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export Users and Computers...

Does this feature exist in some fashion?

I keep a seperate "master" Excel sheet of our 160 licenses.  I need to compare the VLM list with my master list to determine where I have mistakenly assigned one of the 17 Computer-Based permissions.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,404 Views)

Not sure if this is relevant any longer.  I have a Labview project that reviews a 'Master' list of PCs in my SQL database against the VLM and notifies me if I have TestStand deployment licenses allocated to PCs not on my list so I can recover those licenses for use.Although you cannot modify this file directly you can search it to monitor your license usage.

C:\ProgramData\NationalInstruments\Volume License Manager\nilm.opt

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,654 Views)

for NI VLM 3.1, try nivlm.exe /exportClientPermissions c:\path\foo.txt

I use it ALL the time because we have a separate auditing process that takes that data and validates the right users have licenses, checks for other problems like typos and obsoleted systems/users

Message 3 of 4
(4,654 Views)

I would not recommend monitoring nilm.opt file.  Timestamps are hard to manage, and it only has data since the last startup of the license manager engine.  You're going to be missing data.

I would suggest using something like nivlm.exe /CreateLegacyUsageLogPath c:\path\foo.txt to give you a better view of what is happening with your licenses.  It may take a minute or 3 to generate the output file depending on how busy your license manager is.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,654 Views)