From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Volume License Agreement Community Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No E-Mail Messages from VLM Server

I have just installed VLM Server 3.0.  Despite the fact that I've configured e-mail notifications, I don't actually seem to be getting any.

I see in my Exchange server SMTP log evidence of a successful SMTP session from my VLM server at the appropriate times when the two users generated their license requests, but my Exchange message tracking logs don't have any actual messages.

Is this a Known Issue or is there something I need to do?  I don't have problems otherwise with my SMTP server and message delivery, and the messages aren't going into my Spam folder or something like that (I checked, and the Exhange message tracking logs don't find any message at that time.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,019 Views)

Hello and thanks for posting about this. We currently don't have the functionality in VLM to send the administrator email notifications, though you have not been the first to ask about this so it is a good suggestion that we are considering. As of right now, by configuring VLM to connect with your SMTP server, you can send disconnected license files to clients from within VLM to their email address. Please let me know if you have any questions about this.

Have a wonderful weekend,

Anna K.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,574 Views)