From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with detecting the joy stick, directX Working fine...

Hi guys,

I would appreciate help from you all and it's a simple problem. I could not acquire data from my joystick when I plugged it into USB port. I came to know that this is the DirectX problem, then I diagnosed directX by entering dxdiag.exe in the command window, and it returned no errors. I have used a VI...joysticktest.vi and have attached the picture of it below. I would like to know will there be any problems associated with LabVIEW that's not allowing me to access the joystick?

Regards,

Neeharjoysticktest.bmp

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(13,574 Views)

Is the joystick plugged in before you start LabVIEW?  I find that if LabVIEW is already running, it won't detect a new joystick you plug in.

Message 2 of 6
(4,352 Views)

Hi,

Actually the problem got solved but thanks a lot for the reply, actually this helped me too. The problem was assigning the device id to the device id node of initialize joystick.vi, I worked with the default value of "0" before, but now I rewired it to the device ID 4 then it started working

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,352 Views)

Hi,

please i v got the same problem when im trying a joystick sidewire microsoft on the the vi example "Basic Input Demo", labview didn t detect my joystick ,could you please explain to me how you fix that i m new on labview

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,352 Views)

Hi Houssam,

1) Just change different numbers on the device id input to the Joystick VI, just replicate the above block diagram to test whether the Joystick is acquiring signals or not, then experiment with different device IDs,

2) Sometime refreshing does the trick,

3) Sometime you need to check properly the entire VI of acquiring joystick signals to properly note whether the joystick was detected or not.

4) But most of the times, the NI forum is something which is very helpful, try calling them or arrange a phone appointment, it works!

Regards,

Neehar Kapila

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,352 Views)

I've found that sometimes it doesn't work if you plug in the joystick after already starting LabVIEW. If you restart LabVIEW, the joystick shows up.

You can also use the "query input devices" VI to see what the device ID is.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,352 Views)