LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

movement On dani

Hey ! I have a problem with this vi's. When I sttarted to run it, Labview says some vi's are missing. I want to control the dani robot using the keyboard. Can Someone help me on it please ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 30
(14,720 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 30
(3,246 Views)

From: https://decibel.ni.com/content/blogs/MechRobotics/2010/04/14/teleoperate-the-sta rter-kit-from-20-fl...

Fayaz

Hi,

I tried this code, I got an error saying "TCPsend recieve.vi" missing. Is it possible to obtain this vi ?

Thank you

RobotME

Excellent point. Assuming you have RT installed, you can find it in your LabVIEW directory in: LabVIEW [version]\examples\real-time\RT Network Communication\TCP\TCP Send Receive.vi

Otherwise, if you can't find it, or dont' have it, here is essentially what that code looks like:

__ss.png

fayaz

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I was able to get past that stage. I put the Keycontrol.vi in the host/(my computer) and the BotCommads.ctl and Starter kit remote receiver.vi in the sbrio. How do I get the keyboard to control the robot and how do I run the BotCommands.ctl? I want to be able to use the arrow keys to control the robot.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 30
(3,246 Views)

If you have the Keycontrol.vi and Starter kit remote receive.vi working, then you should be able to remote control the robot. The BotCommands.ctl is just a typedef that defines the data type that is sent over the network.

As long as your computer that is running the Keycontrol and the Starter Kit are on the same network (subnet), all you should have to do is specify the starter kit's alias or network name in the KeyControl.vi. Then when you run both VI's, you should be controlling the robot.

If that doesn't work, or doesn't make sense, can you describe in more detail what your set up is? For example, do you have a router on the Starter Kit, or are you connected directly with a network cable? Did you just modify the starter kit roaming example, or did you create a new project? Posting your project could also be helpful.

Cheers,

Karl

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 30
(3,246 Views)

Hi,

I'm doing a similar project, it just that i'm using two ZigBee modules (the ProBee ZS10 modules) for the communication part.
This modules will be connected through serial port at the host computer and another one at the serial port on the DaNI.

I'm thinking of using the Basic Serial Write and Read code (http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/2669) to replace the TCP code but the problem is i couldnt manage to get things done, did not know how to integrate this code with the code that you guys used.

Hope you guys can give some advices regarding this matter. It is much appreciated.

Thanks

Mo

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 30
(3,246 Views)

I have the same problem and I don't find any solution. Besides the TCP send receive.vi I have missing another 2 VIs. I want only to steer with my Starter Kit 2.0 with arrows on my keyboard. Can anyone help me please?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 30
(3,246 Views)

Good morning Karl,

I am really not up to any discussion because I know nothing about how to use the DaNI 1 starter kit.

Maybe you can help me answering the question on waht do I need to do to move it i foot ahead without using all the paraphernalia offered by NI.

This is not the first time I ask this question, I began maybe 3 or 4 years ago but nobody answered me, more than that, many of the NI rep accuse me of trying to make them to build for me algorithms. Believe me, this is not the case.

Thank you very much.

manolo

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 30
(3,246 Views)

Are you looking to control DaNI without using LabVIEW or without the Robotics Module?  I don't know how you would do it without LabVIEW running on DaNI--it is the easiest way to program the FPGA and RT target on the DaNI.  Could you be more specific for what you want to do (or not do)?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 30
(3,246 Views)

Karl thank you very much for your fast answer!! I really apreciate it.

No, I am willing to use labView and our university has a license for the software. The problem is I was trying to isolate the code that they offer in the starter kit for education (the pdf that you need to read) and I could not get if (always having a broken arrow or not communicating with the target(by the way, using labView 12 the communication with the robot works, in labView 13 does not work. Do you have any experience like this?).

I assume that the inicialization and the progamming of the fpga needs to be done, for now, using every ting they put there. But why I cannot use those 2 things only and the rest  coul be done by us.

We are trying to introduce robots to teach every comcept in math,  physics & engineering.

Again, thank you very much.

manolo

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 30
(3,246 Views)

Karl, more specific: we want to move the DaNI 12 inches ahead. NOTHING ELSE!!

Thank you.

manolo

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 30
(3,246 Views)