Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to save data to spreadsheet - using myRIO and Quanser Qube

Hello,

I'm trying to set up a VI that will save data to the PC - preferably as a *.xlsx or *.csv, but any format that can be manipulated in Excel or other software would do. I'm running the Quanser Qube off of the NI myRIO, and I just can't get the data to save.

I did a search on past help topics, and it looked like it was a path issue and that if I used Linux path descriptions it might work, but that didn't seem to do the job. Ideally I'd like to have four columns - one for time and one for each of three output signals - but if I had to, separate files would work.

Any advice would be appreciated. Or, as an alternative, is there a way to right-click and export off of the waveform graph without it looking really choppy? I have a nice smooth waveform on the graph, but if I export it, then I lose a lot.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,656 Views)

Hello dlpeters,

Are you encountering an error when trying to save your data to a .csv file? Is your file created successfully to the specified path with blank data or is the file not generated at all?

I would recommend taking a look at the Tab-Delimited Data.lvproj file located in the NI Example Finder.  You can find it by clicking on Help>Find Examples... in LabVIEW and navigating to Fundamentals>File Input and Output>Spreadsheet>Tab-Delimited Data.lvproj.

Although the example wasn't specifically written for RT Targets, it runs on them. I hope that helps!

Regards,

Nadine H.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,625 Views)