ni.com checkout is currently experiencing issues.

Support teams are actively working on the resolution.

Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myrio

Apparently there is no phone support for MyRio anymore, at least that is what I was just told so I am asking here.

I am trying to get the My Rio going and have loaded everything that I can see that I need. I can see the MyRio hardware and do the accelerometer screen, but when I try to  start a new VI (or a template) (as instructed by the myrio web site) it starts asking where a bunch of files are. such as : myRIO V1.0 Reset FPGA.vi  and FPGA Ref Manager.vi

There are about 20 files that I have to manually go through and look for in the folders. It acts like it doesn't have the right directory or folder structure to find all these itself. I have gone through manually and found them but I have to do it everytime and I mess it up and I think get the wrong ones. There has to be something wrong with either how it is loaded or the folder directory. I am running parallels on a Mac (since labview is not really supported on a mac). 

thanks, please get back with me as soon as you can.

Dan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,337 Views)

Here is something else.

I tried to reload the 2013 MyRio software and as it was expanding the files it says this? no Idea.

Dan

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(6,333 Views)

Hey Dan,

If you have active SSP you should have phone support for myRIO.  It might be worth talking to someone again to check on that if you prefer phone support.

Where do you have your NI software installed?  Is it installed to a non-standard location (ie somewhere other than Program Files)?  Is it on a network location?

Do you have full admin privilegeson your computer?

How much free space do you have on your C drive?

Can you attach a Max Technical report (instructions here).

Thanks!

-Sam K

LabVIEW Hacker

Join / Follow the LabVIEW Hacker Group on google+

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(6,321 Views)

Where did you find the associated files such as the Reset FPGA, etc?

I might try moving them to the directories that the search searches for the files once I find them. Then it should be able to find them, theoretically.

Dan Haugen
Certified LabVIEW Developer
CLD Instructor
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,696 Views)

Hi dhaugen92, 

Are you experiencing the same issue as DrFlippo?  Sammy_K asked a few questions in the post before yours that would be helpful in troubleshooting your issue.  In general, it would be better to resolve the root of the problem rather than move the program files.

Also to confirm, NI does provide phone support for the myRIO.

Regards,
Kelly B.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,668 Views)

Not anymore - ive since gotten a new computer and reinstalled all the software suites. Sometimes theres an issue getting the myRIO or XNET or *other driver kits and libraries installed in the correct directories... I had to reinstall the entire 2012 suite to get the XNET drivers to work.

Dan Haugen
Certified LabVIEW Developer
CLD Instructor
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,394 Views)