Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

powering myRIO with VERTA battery

hello all

please i have 6 battery VERTA  ( 1 battery = 1.2v   2700mAh ) * 6

it is possible to  powering ni myRIO + wifi with this battery  ? minimum 4 hours

thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(7,478 Views)

The manual for the 1900 myRIO can be found here: http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/376047a.pdf

Page 24 discusses the power requirements.

I'd pay attention to the caution: You must use either the power supply provided in the shipping kit, or another UL Listed ITE power supply marked LPS, with the NI myRIO-1900

Anything you try outside of that is going to be an unsupported use.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(7,461 Views)

thank you BoKnows for your help .Smiley Wink

ok. what i doing now to powering ni myRIO with a battery .

i make a robot with ni myRIO but the robot it's wirelessly,i must use the battery with it.

please i need your help thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(7,457 Views)

Ultimately, it is your hardware and you are free to try to use it in as you see fit.  If we spec the device to the source you want to use, it opens up some liability to support the device in the way you're working with it.  Unfortunately, I cannot offer a spec as a result.  It's just something we do not spec.

It does not appear there are many here who have tried a similar task.  Your best action is likely going to be specing it yourself to determine if this solution meets your needs without damaging the device.

I'm not saying it cannot be done.  I am merely saying it is not something we spec.  As a result, you will either need to find a solution or hope you get lucky and someone else joins this discussion that has worked to find their own solution to this problem.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(7,441 Views)

thank you very mutch Mr BoKnows .for your help

i'm searching for another solution...thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(7,437 Views)

Azou,

have successfully done this for some time now.  Basically i went to Fry's and found a raw connector and ran a twisted pair from the voltage input to the Battery side  terminal block of the 12-24VDC converter.  Be sure to pay attention to which side gets the (+) on the pin connector.  there will be a little picture right above that shows the voltage thresholds and the wiring config.  Also the manual will show you.  The battery voltage will drop below usable for the motors before it would damage the MyRIO, but to be extra sure, you can tap off these same terminals and wire into one of the analog inputs.  Then you can kill your VI before voltae goes too low.  

Download All
Message 6 of 14
(7,433 Views)

i used 7 x ( AA battery 1.5v ) with myRIO it's successfully done for 1 hour work with  4  led Flash + Accelerometer + WIFI Connect with labview .

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(7,423 Views)

Did it stop after the hour or were you reporting during your test?

Message 8 of 14
(7,390 Views)

hello natasftw

yes after 1 hour myRIO it's stopped .in(5.5 v)

Message 9 of 14
(7,381 Views)

Then I'm going to go ahead and say "no, that method won't work to provide at least 4 hours of charge."

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(7,377 Views)