Actor Framework Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Actor Framework, DETT messages - Unregistered Entity

Dear AF community,

let me ask you about the following.

Recently I've noticed that DETT gives sometimes strange messages which contain "Unregistered Entity", as on the picture below.

AF Messages.PNG

In this case, instead "Unregistered Entity" must be "App Launcher", b/c this is its Debug Alias...
I've checked, and "Unregistered Entity" is used in case, when Actor Registry.vi can not get actor's ID by Caller Enqueuer reference. So seems, that some actors (actually, all the time the same in the application) are not registered by built-in AF function.

Generate Trace Message.png
I use LabVIEW 2017 SP1, and AF core vis were not touched.
All actors which are launched as nested or root actors, have Debug Alias set - I've double checked it.

Is it some kind of bug, or expected behavior? If so, does someone have an idea, how to solve it, please?

Thank you very much,

Sincerely, kosist90.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,758 Views)

Update: seems, that AFDebug implementation was changed in LabVIEW 2017, and it has that bug. Because while testing on the same project in LabVIEW 2016, traces are correct; and with LabVIEW 2017 SP1 - no. Also, it is seen from VIs, that implementation was changed...

AFDebug, LV2016AFDebug, LV2016

AFDebug, LV2017 SP1AFDebug, LV2017 SP1

Is it possible then just to replace AFDebug of LV 2017 SP1 to AFDebug for LV2016?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,733 Views)

There was a change in 2017 that introduced the incorrect behavior you have observed.  It was fixed in 2018.

I've attached the correct version of this VI for 2017.  Replace your existing Generate Trace for New Actor with this one.  Note that this VI is not currently a part of a library; you'll need to manually add it back into AFDebug.lvlib.

Note that you can also just replace your 2017 AFDebug folder with the one from 2016, if you prefer.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,722 Views)