From 11:00 PM CDT Friday, May 10 – 02:30 PM CDT Saturday, May 11 (04:00 AM UTC – 07:30 PM UTC), ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Actor Framework Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Actor Framework Message Maker crashing LabVIEW

Drat.  There was a known issue in the AF project provider in such circumstances.  This would be something I haven't seen yet.

It would be interesting to know if your problem follows if you switch to the project provider.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 19
(1,788 Views)

I'm not sure what you mean by "project provider".

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 19
(1,788 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 19
(1,788 Views)

I will install and try it. Hopefully it's fortuitous because my app is at the point where my next step is to create a lot of messages.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 19
(1,788 Views)

So on my first try I got this:

Error 1026 occurred at Invoke Node in Actor Message Maker Provider.lvlib:Create Message Classes for Actor.vi:1700002->Actor Message Maker Provider.lvlib:Item_OnCommand.vi:7170001->Actor Message Maker Provider.lvlib:Item_OnCommand.vi.ProxyCaller

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW:  VI Reference is invalid.

Rebooted. Tried again...same error. Happens as soon as I select "Create Messages for Actor".

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 19
(1,788 Views)

The only invoke node in that VI gets all descendents of the selected library.  You shouldn't be able to select Create Messages for Actor if the object is not an actor, so I don't know why that would fail.

How big is your project?

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 19
(1,788 Views)

About 4MBs zipped.

And I opened the "Simple Actor Example" that I got from somewhere and the Project Provider works fine. So logic would say there's something about MY project that's causing the crashes.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 19
(1,788 Views)

That's what I'm starting to wonder.  As I intimated before, there is a known issue with methods that take classes as inputs - that introduces an instability that will cause a crash the *next* time you try to create a message.  That's getting fixed in 2015.  But what you're describing doesn't match anything I've seen to date.

Put together the smallest version of your project that exhibits the behavior, and a detailed description of how to reproduce it.  I will pm you with where to send it.  No promises, but I'll see what I can find out.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 19
(1,788 Views)

Another symptom:

I run Message Maker but don't actually build any messages. Close the window.Close the project.

and......

CRASH:

Possible Cause: C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2014\resource\dialog\GSW\GSW.lvlibp\1abvi3w\resource\dialog\GSW\Classes\Feed_link\GetCachedFeed.vi

This happens everytime I go through those steps.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 19
(1,788 Views)