Actor Framework Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Actor Framework in Packed Library

I've been trying to get AF to work in a packed library, after a few hours of trying to find the problem, i tracked it down.

The Launch Core breaks not sure why, maybe one of the LabVIEW Developers could explain why this happens.

The fix that may or may not work is shown here. Any ideas on a better way to handle this? I have not tested this to see what type of preformance impact there is or if it will even work, but my guess is that it should be fine.

If this has already been resolved can some one shoot me a link because i could not find it

Brian G. Shea
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,979 Views)

Relevant discussion here

Message 2 of 6
(3,441 Views)

Thanks, I saw that one, but it did not fix the problem. I tested my edit and it seems to function just fine. I will continue to test

Brian G. Shea
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,441 Views)

What exactly was your edit?

In the thread I linked it seems that komorbela was having exactly the same issues as you - the "fix" starts here. There was also some comment by AQ about why the PPL breaks and why komorbela's fix is still not perfect...

(Not that I'm using PPLs anyway...)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,441 Views)

There are three images attached to the original post but here they are again, i guess i should have done it this way from the beginning. My apologies.

Problem:

Launch Actor 3.png

Solution:

Launch Actor 1.png

Launch Actor 2.png

Brian G. Shea
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,441 Views)

Just so everyone knows: I'm not ignoring these AF-PPL threads. I continue to push this as a priority within R&D to make it possible to build without any workarounds/tricks/crashes. The workaround posted by BrianGShea will be part of LV 2013 SP1. A true fix for the crash will be in LV 2014. I say this with some confidence since the code for that fix has already been submitted to the development branch of our source code repository, though I've promised fixes in the past and then seen them get backed out during alpha/beta testing, but in this particular case, if the current fix gets backed out, I'm going to push hard that we hold release until a better fix is found. But the fix has held for two months now, so I like our chances.

Message 6 of 6
(3,441 Views)