Actor Framework Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Actor Overload!

David_Staab wrote:

So he had to write lots more code in order to prevent being slowed down while writing code?

That's one way to look at it.  Alternatively, perhaps he wrote extra code in order to have a well-structured application, and a responsive IDE was just a convenient side effect. 

0 Kudos
Message 41 of 44
(1,319 Views)

Daklu wrote:

Alternatively, perhaps he wrote extra code in order to have a well-structured application, and a responsive IDE was just a convenient side effect. 

Well, if I may continue my pedantry on the topic, I completely support writing extra code to maintain design structure. But the way it was presented in drjdpowell's reply, Paul wrote the extra code for the purpose of speeding up the IDE. I do not support the need to do that; rather, I see it as an ugly workaround for an IDE performance bug.

0 Kudos
Message 42 of 44
(1,319 Views)

Daklu wrote:

LVB wrote:

If there are enough votes...

That's the key right there.  As much as I applaude NI for creating the idea exchange, it's very, very, difficult for "advanced user" issues to fetch enough votes to get noticed.  Most people won't vote for it if it doesn't affect them, and relatively few users are building projects with enough classes to slow down the IDE.

50 Kudos and counting! 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 43 of 44
(1,319 Views)

Well, if we all make multiple ni.com accounts then we can vote on this idea several times each

0 Kudos
Message 44 of 44
(1,319 Views)