Actor Framework Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Actors vs. Windows Hybernate

Hi,

I wanted to test drive a small AF application (basically two actors, one of them as a background demon triggering itself via time-delayed messaging) over night.

What I did forget, was to switch off the energy saving options on my laptop... when I woke up my computer this morning, I found, that the GUI (Actor #1) was still responsive, but the cDAQ connected via Ethernet & controlled by the second actor was not.

Hybernating will probably not be acitve during normal operation on production floor, so just out of curiosity: has anyone else seen effects with actors on energy saving modes? Maybe my problem was caused by DAQ or the network config...

Cheers

Oli

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,323 Views)

This isn't an Actor problem. I leave actors running all the time on machines that go to sleep. That's a hardware issue. You'll need to talk to someone else to figure it out.

Message 2 of 4
(3,061 Views)

There are some known cases of this issue, such as this forum, which was resolved by upgrading to the latest DAQmx driver. If that doesn't help, try bringing up the question in the Multifunction DAQ Forum.

- Regards,

Beutlich
Message 3 of 4
(3,061 Views)

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,061 Views)