Actor Framework Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any diagrams for Evaporative Cooler project?

komorbela wrote:

Do you have anything in mind that could be added to the same image to show the defined messages? Also the planned routes for messages?

I have not felt the need for either of these in my own programs. For me, (and let me stress this is for my personal style... nothing against those who have found other good patterns), having the messages be part of the library for the actor that can receive them has been enough to record the defined messages. The only send/receive paths are almost always between caller and nested or from self to self, which are easy enough for me to distinguish based on the type of the message, generally. If I have done something to shortcircuit the tree, then I might have a note somewhere about that, but I don't think it would be this diagram. This is intended as something that could be programmatically generated, not something I would be drawing on. But I suppose you could add comments to it.

Now, HAVING SAID THAT... I do want the sequence diagram that shows the message send/receive times for a particular run of the program. That would help debugging a lot. And that would show senders/receivers.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 11
(857 Views)