From 11:00 PM CDT Friday, May 10 – 02:30 PM CDT Saturday, May 11 (04:00 AM UTC – 07:30 PM UTC), ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Actor Framework Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugging Pre-Launch-Init

Eldon: What you propose is an effective strategy for debugging many reentrant VIs. It should work here. Note that use of some asynchronous nodes may prevent you from inlining the subVI... in that case, just change the subVI to be pre-allocated reentrant. The "performance hit" from the subVI call is trivial (we're talking a couple microseconds on most machines) compared to the work being done by whatever asynch nodes prevented inlining from working.

Message 11 of 13
(814 Views)

This is exactly what I do also, Eldon, but I had never thought of putting it in-line as you suggest.  Nice.

AQ, can you give an example of async nodes that prevent in-lining? I don't really ever use in-lining...

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(814 Views)

mtat76:

LabVIEW help: \lvconcepts.chm::/VI_Execution_Speed.html#SubVI_Overhead

or search for topic "VI Execution Speed" and the subsection about inlining.

It's a long list of characteristics, but it all comes down to "the stuff that changes behavior when you do 'create subVI from selection' cannot be in an inline subVI".

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(814 Views)